Club Policy（FFSC Terms and Conditions)
A. Welcome to Flying Fish Swim Club(FFSC). We hope you can get improvement with our swimming lessons. FFSC is fortunate to have experienced, professional coaches working to develop our members into better swimmers, and more importantly, teaching and instilling important life skills. These skills include time-management, self-discipline and sportsmanship. Your child will reap the benefits of swimming long after his/her participation with FFSC ends.
- FFSC offers the lessons to the members of our club. (‘FFSC' 'Club' ‘We’ ‘Our’ or ‘Us’).
- ‘Member’ ‘You’ 'Student' 'Swimmer' 'Child(ren)' 'They' means the member named registration form and all existing swimmers in our club.
- 'Guardian' means the parent/person who named registration form, and did complete the registration for the member.
- 'Registration' means guardian has completed the registration and you become to be the member of our club. You and Guardian, both agree and commit to abide by our policies and rules.
- ‘Terms and Conditions’meas policies, rules and regulations.
- ‘Agree and Commit’means the parent/guardian/member agree and commit to be bound by the FFSC Terms and Conditions, and you take your own responsibility and risk if any violations.
- Terms and Conditions is binding equally to all existing members.
B. Flying Fish Swim Club believes that attendance and punctuality are important aspects in the development of the swimmers. It is vital to attend all expected training session and arrive on time. Not only is this expected from the Club, but it also demonstrates good discipline and respect for the sport, the Coaches, and other swimmers within the Club. It is important that swimmers attend all their sessions each week, the member must guaranteed the rate of attendance. Swimming is a sport that requires regular attendance to ensure that fitness is maintained, and individual swimming standards are improved.
- All registration methods are binding equally.
- Application(s) for registration will not be processed unless accompanied by full payment.
Tuition and Refund Policy
- Registration fee $25
- Full payment payable to FFSC
- The tuitionis paid on the day of the last day of current term for keeping the spot you enrolled already.
- $100 administration fee will be charged, if any cancellation before the session start.
- No refunds will be granted for missed lessons or cancellation of the term on or after the date of the first class.
- $50 will be charged for bounced cheque.
Drop off and pick-up policy
- In order to ensure the safety of the student, before the class, guardian must hand over student to the teacher face to face, and then can leaving temporarily; After the class, guardian need to pick up student in time to prevent any accident happened. The club has no responsibility for the delay pick up for the time that are outside of the class.
- The locker room can be used 15 minutes in advance before the class starts;
The student can get into the pool room 5 minutes in advance before their class;
The student need done their changing within 15 minutes after class, and leave away the building where the pool is located;
- The students stay at the waiting area on the deck before their swimming, do not get close to the pool, and do not play beside of the pool;
The students must follow the teacher's instruction, the teacher will give students permission to get into the pool and start the class when our class time is on.
- The members and guardians commit to abide by FFSC policies, rules and regulations.
- The members abide by the coaches' instruction, and trying their the best.
- The Guardian have to make sure their child(ren) is/are health and in good physical condition
- In order to maintain a good mental state and health and develop good study habits, FFSC encourages students to attend swimming lessons with full attendance. Making sure to guarantee the time of swimming lesson.
- Parent/Guardian are not permitted involvement in classes.please communicate with the teacher after class If any questions.
Lessons and make up
- There is no try out lesson offered.
- The lessonscannot be transferred between the Enrollment cannot be transferred to another person or to other FFSC programs or services.
- There will be 2 make up lessons per term, and that all make up lessons are to be rescheduled within the term, exceeding the term, no make-up class. Asking for absent must be notified 24 hours in advance by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise, no make-up lessons will be granted.
※ Unasked absences are not offered make up, and that will be charged as normal lessons. ※ No make up lessons are offered to the missed lessons which exceeding two times, and that will be charged as normal lessons. ※ In order to avoid absence, the lesson can be adjusted occasionally, please to plan and communicate with the coach in advance.
- The lessons which are running by term have to be done within the term, no delaying lessons will be granted when school year swimming. Please stay consistent with the lessons that have been
- For some leaving and returning, the make up lessons can be took before leaving and after returned (requires an appointment). Members will not be granted make-up lessons without asking absence.
- The lessons will be delayed if all the facilities we use are closed for some reasonsby the schools.
- Members who enrolled the club's annual training need to ensure full attendance; absenteeism due to personal reasons will not be postponed or make up.
Members who participate in the competition need to sign the Athletes Code of Conduct.
Suspension policies apply. Please refer to the FFSC Terms and Conditions for more information.
To request a suspension of your swim lessons, please complete the form below. Please note that suspensions are not confirmed until you have been contacted by Club. Swim Lessons Subpension Request Form
For any enquiries regarding this form, please contact us at email@example.com
Please review the suspension terms and conditions prior to submitting your suspension request. Suspension requests must be submitted a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the requested suspension start date
The suspension is maximum 12 weeks, is offered only once, the means that the lessons will be restarted on the week of 13th after granted approval the suspension. The lessons are not retained for any longer after 12 weeks and the credit will be cleared if did not restart.
Medical related suspensions are required to be submitted within 7 days of the absence and must be accompanied by a medical certificate. For suspensions over 12 weeks due to long term illness or injury, please email FFSC. Non-medical related suspensions must be submitted prior to the absence from lessons. No credits or makeup lesson will be given for missed lesson. (Annual Training Program is only Medical related suspension applied)
An administration fee(one-tenth or one-fourteenth of the program fee) need to be charged to close and reopen the lessons of the 12 weeks suspension.
Once children come to class, they must strictly follow the teacher's requirements. They are not allowed to play by the pool or dive without permission. If they violate the school's safety regulations, they will be responsible for the consequences.
During the class, to get teacher’s permission for any leaving (for example, got to bathroom, drinking, etc.)
Do not run or run after others or fighting and romping around on the pool deck.
When class is dismissed, parent pick up the child(ren) in time, the club has no responsibility for the delay pick up for the time that are outside of the class.
During the class, for the children who are not our members yet, please staying at the visiting area and take care of them by parent/guardian, do not go around on the deck and do not approach the pool. It is parent/guardian’s responsibility if any irregularities and accidental damage.
- FFSC reserves the right to terminate a member's membership if the member/guardian breaks the policies and rules.The final interpretation right belongs to FFSC.
- FFSC reserves the right to vary, add or remove any lessons or particular lessons from time to time.
- FFSC reserves the right to close or withdraw any facility(depends on the facility that we use which managed by the schools) with or without notice for maintenance or cleaning purposes and for reasons of safety.
- Waiver Clause: Guardian Consent, to complete and sign for students who under 18 years of age. I certify that I am the legal guardian of the above student and that I do hereby give permission for the student to participate in the above activity. I further certify that the student is in good health and has no physical or other impediment which would endanger him or her while participating in this activity. I realize that by participating in this program, the student will be exposed to a risk of injury or death. I understand the dangers incidental to participating in the program and the need for safety precautions, and I have discussed the dangers of the program and the need for safety precautions with the student. I hereby execute the above Agreement Waiver Clause, and Release on his/her behalf.
- Parent/Guardian are not allowed to take pictures and videos on the class.
- Photos/Video Consent. In consideration of my engagement as a member of FFSC, and for other good valuable consideration, herein acknowledge as received. I hereby grant to FFSC - its staff, Board Representatives, and those acting with its authority and permission, the irrevocable and unrestricted right and permission to take, copyright in their own name and otherwise, and use, reuse, and publish pictures of me in all artwork or media used in promotion, editorial, trade, advertising, web site display, or for any other purpose whatsoever. I also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction therewith. I hereby release, discharge, and agree to save harmless FFSC – its staff, Board Representatives, and those acting with its authority and permission, from any liability of distortion or altered use that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture(s), video, or in any subsequent processing thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy. I hereby warrant that I am of full age or have a Parent/Guardian to rightly contract my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, and I am fully familiar with the contents thereof. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
- The Policies, Rules, Regulations can be adjusted and updated to perfect when it is necessary, The final interpretation right belongs to FFSC.
- Members should abide by the Training Commitment and Behaviour, and the Code of Conduct.
- During class, as well as in the change room, or on deck, playing and slapstick are not allowed, to avoid harm.
Members need to learn from each other, help each other, and respect each other.
- FFSC supports members in good behavior and stops any bad words or behaviors are happening within our club.
- Do not put valuables in the change room.
- Members are required to wear club swimming caps in class.
- There will be an evaluation at the end of every term for beginners, and only the members who passed the requirement can be upgraded.
- If there is any question, please communicate with the coach after class. Guardians are not allowed to participate in the class and disrupt the order of the class.
For unfinished matters, FFSC will revise or supplement in time!
CODE OF CONDUCT
As a member of the Flying Fish Swim Club (FFSC), I am part of a swimming organization that believes teamwork, integrity, respect and good sportsmanship are more important than winning. I agree to follow the rules for behavior and sportsmanship while I am a member of FFSC. The following guidelines state the principles FFSC expects all members to demonstrate and uphold.
As guardians, it is absolutely essential that we give our coaching staff the respect and authority they deserve to run our swim team.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Set the right example for our children by showing respect and common courtesy at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents, and for all facilities and other property used during practice or competition.
Respect the integrity of swim officials by assuming decisions are based on honest, objective evaluations of performance. Only coaches may approach meet officials for clarification of rulings.
Respect our coaches and swimmers, also understand that opposing teams, including their swimmers, coaches, and fans, want the same positive experiences for their swimmers as we do. Help FFSC achieve our goals by avoiding criticism either verbally or by gesture. Look for opportunities to build rapport with teams that we compete and work with.
Demonstrate good sportsmanship during all practices, competitions and team activities. FFSC wins gracefully, loses graciously and congratulates their opponents either way.
Support your professional coaches as they strive to do what is best for each FFSC swimmer. Our expectations and methods are based on Ontario Swimming, the Canadian Swim Coaches Association and other recognized swimming authorities. Realize that swimmers become easily confused when coached by parents and benefit most from positive reinforcement of the professional coaching staff’s instructions and advice. Your unconditional love and support before and after races will help them best.
Represent FFSC with excellence, respect, team spirit, good sportsmanship, and politeness. Maintain open and honest communication among all members of the FFSC family. We reach our common goals by working together.
Ensure that responses on any of the team's communications channels (WeChat, Email, Message) remain professional and considerate.
Insist that your child refrains from using alcohol, tobacco, drugs, other prohibited substances, violence, abusive or foul language, or any other behavior deemed dishonest, discourteous, offensive, or disrespectful of others.
Assist the coaches in conducting effective practices by ensuring swimmers arrive and leave on time, and bring the proper equipment.
Arrive at meets in time for volunteer or swimmer check-in, stretching and warm-ups.
Do not interrupt or confront the coaching staff on the pool deck during practice or meets, including not being present on deck during practice or competitions unless you are working at the meet. Coaches are available before or after training, meets and competitions for feedback or to discuss issues.
Assist the coaches by not talking with or motioning to swimmers during practices unless clearing it with a coach first.
Do not speak harshly or directly to a child who is not your own. Please contact the Head Coach if you have an issue with another parent's child. The FFSC Head Coach will approach the child's parent, if necessary.
Maintain self-control at all times. Refrain from inappropriate behavior that detracts from a positive image of the team or is detrimental to our performance.
Trust and support your swimmer’s and coach’s decisions around goal-setting, training commitments, swim event entries, and meet schedules. Do not impose your ambitions on your child.
Any questions about disqualifications, judging, etc. should be directed to your swimmer’s coach. Pay your fees on time.
Know and uphold FFSC rules, regulations, management and coach directives, and by-laws that are designed to maximize the experience for all swimmers and parents.
SWIMMER CODE OF CONDUCT
The undersigned athlete participating with/for the Flying Fish Swim Club (FFSC) agrees to abide by the guidelines outlined below.
Respect our coaches, staffs, also swimmers respect each other.
Swim for the Specialty, Skill, interest and health of it, not just to please your parents or coach.
Make every team practice, meet participation and activity an opportunity to learn. Actively cooperate with the training, not late, not leave early, improve the training level and competition ability.
Adhere to FFSC’s rules and requirements regarding clothing and equipment.
Participate and appear on time, prepared to participate to one’s best abilities in all competitions, practices, training sessions, events, activities.
Represent FFSC with excellence, respect, team spirit and politeness.
Present oneself in a positive manner to all other athletes, members and coaches at all times.
Respect for, and co-operate with meet management, pool management, team staff, fellow competitors.
Practice good sportsmanship at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents and for all facilities and properties used during practices, competitions and team activities.
Be punctual and arrive on time for all practices, meets and team events. Pool time is very valuable.
Attend all practice sessions and swim meets (if registered for meets), unless excused by staff or have made special arrangements with a coach.
Report any medical problems in a timely fashion, where such problems may limit the athlete’s ability to travel, train or compete.
Be an active participant in all team practices, competitions, and other team activities.
Swimmers must notify the coach, in advance, if they are planning to leave practice or swim meets early.
Wear FFSC team caps at all practices and appropriate team swim suits and team caps at all swim meets. This displays team pride and also makes it easier to identify swimmers on the blocks and in the water.
Focus on every drill and every set. Be committed to putting forth your best effort every day.
Encourage other athletes to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
Never ridicule a participant for a poor performance or practice. Provide positive comments that motivate and encourage participants continued effort.
Respect and show appreciation to all competitors, coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time to the sport; and.
Swimmers are expected to respect each other.
Swimmers are expected to follow the spirit of the rules as well as the specific rules.